Everglades University Students Now Have Access To An Ehanced Set Of Technological Support Through Our Partnership With Smarthinking!!!!!!
Adobe Suite Applications: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Import, manipulate, and save images and design files
- Use basic tools and layers
- Customize, correct, and edit outside file types
Microsoft Office Suite:
- Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Create, format, modify, and save files
- Simplify organization and presentation
- Utilize program tools to manipulate and display data effectively and Apply versioning and security features
Introduction to Computer Science
- Understand digitization, storage, and transfer of data
- Basics of algorithms and programming languages
- Common elements of computer graphics
- Communication via networks and the Internet
Operating Systems: Windows 7/10 & Linux
- Understand the desktop and interface
- Manage and organize files
- Work with security settings and software
- Perform searches, use help features
Popular Programming Languages: C++, C#, Python
- Write and compile code
- Understand logic constructs, flow charting
- Code loops and functions
- Apply properties, classes, & inheritance
Web Layout & Design: CSS & HTML
- Author and modify stylesheets
- Design layouts with frames, divs, and tables
- Create, implement selectors and forms
- Understand and utilize the Document Object Model (DOM)
- Code events and elements
- Generate and run queries
- Create & modify tables
Please Check Out Our Page Specifically Devoted To Smarthinking On Our Blog In Order To Set Up and Get Started On This Free Online Tutoring Platform Specifically For Everglades University Students. Please go to the following page.
Below are the Dates and Times for APA/Smarthinking Workshops at Everglades University – Orlando Campus
Date: Tuesday, October 10th
Date: Wednesday, October 11th
Please check with the front desk receptionist or library for the room number. All APA/Smarthinking Workshops will be taught by the Everglades University Campus Librarian.
For More Information Please Contact:
Orlando Campus Librarian: Adam Brody
Phone #: 407-277-0311 or 866-289-1078
Library workshops will be held on the following dates in the Student Resource Lab (Room 101 – Everglades Building).
Oct. 3th – 1 PM – New Office 365 email (Tuesday)
Oct. 4th – 5 PM – New Office 365 email (Wednesday)
Oct 11th – 5 PM – APA/Smarthinking (Wednesday)
Oct. 17th – 1 PM – APA/Smarthinking (Tuesday)
Please Come to the Everglades University Orlando Campus Library and Check out the Following Displays for the Month of October:
Alternative And Renewable Energy Resources:
While the leaves might be turning brown, our displays are turning green for the month of October. For those pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Alternative and Renewable Energy, this display is for you! Whether it’s solar panels or careers in the green industry, this display covers everything green.
APA is the way in which we all structure our papers. Whether it is through citation formats or paper structure, it is imperative that we wall are up to speed with the latest APA formats.
Whether it is Web 2.0 or Facebook, this display will assist in providing insight for all library users regarding the latest in social media trends. In order to connect and network, it is imperative in this day and age to have an understanding of various social medial trends. Perhaps it all begins with this display?
YOU ASKED FOR MORE SUPPORT REGARDING SMARTHINKING AND WE DELIVERED!!!!!!!
Below is a List of Smarthinking Webinars That Will Be Offered For Fall, 2017!!!!!
Wednesday, September 27, 2017 – 2PM, 4PM EDT
Thursday, October 5, 2017 – 2PM, 4PM, 7PM EDT
Tuesday, October 24, 2017 – 2PM, 4PM EDT
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 – 2PM, 4PM, 7PM EST
Click the link below to register for any sessions
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with information for joining your selected session.
Upon registeration, type in “Everglades University” in the section titled “Organization” and type in “Student” in the section called “Job Title.”