Obviously, we’re big supporters of the blog here at EU! Blogging can be a great way to share information and start a discussion among an online community. Do you have something you’d like to share? Thinking about creating your own blog, but don’t know where to start? Below are some tips to get you started!
- Have a clear purpose. What do you want to blog about? You can write or share whatever you want, but if your posts are all over the place without anything to link them together, readers will find it difficult to connect with you- and won’t stick around.
- Come up with a great name. It should ideally reflect your blog’s content and be easy to remember. If it’s catchy, then that’s even better.
- Post regularly. You want to make sure that your audience is engaged and invested in your content. They can’t be if you don’t post often enough or if you post too much! You want to strive for at least once a week, but no more than once per day.
- Make sure that your content is neat. Spell check. Proofread. Make it legible.
- Have fun! If you’re not enjoying it, you shouldn’t be doing it.
Questions? E-mail Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re on the EU Orlando campus, sign up in the library for the next Blogging 101 workshop! (It’s March 12th at 1:00pm.)