If you’ve written a paper here at EU before, you know that you need to include a list of APA styled references. (If you haven’t, then now you know!) One of the requirements for the page is that it’s formatted with something called a hanging indent.
A hanging indent looks like this:
So, how do you make a hanging indent? If you’re writing your paper in Microsoft Word, you can format this page in a few easy steps.
- Select the area that you want to have the hanging indent.
- In the toolbar area at the top of your screen, click the “Home” tab (if you aren’t already on it).
- Find the “Paragraph” section.
- In the bottom right corner, there is small “pop out” icon. Click it.
- When the new window opens, in the “Special” drop down, select “Hanging”.
- Click ok.
- Your section should now be formatted with a hanging indent!
Questions? Contact your librarians or attend one of the library’s APA style workshops!
The next APA style workshop on the Orlando campus will be on Tuesday, January 22nd at 5:00pm.