PubMed is a free database accessing primarily the Medline database of references and abstracts on life sciences and biomedical topics. The United States National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health maintains the database. While many of the full-text articles are only accessible via paid subscription, they do offer some free full-text articles.
Your EU librarians have made this process easier for you by linking up several free full-text article searches by subject in PubMed here on the blog! Just follow the instructions below.
1. Hover over the “Resources” tab in the upper right-hand corner of the EU Library Blog.
2. Select the link for “Alternative Medicine”.
3. Click the link for “Academic Journals”.
4. Under “Academic Journals”, you will see the following message. Select any of the provided links to access PubMed.
5. Yay! You’re now in PubMed. You can choose to refine your search as stated above. You can also narrow down your search results from choosing any of the options listed on the left.
6. When you see an article you’d like to access, click the title or the link for “Free Article”.
7. Choose “Link Out: More Resources”.
8. Choose from the options listed.
Questions? Ask your librarians!