Hello! Did you know that many of our library databases offer translation services for articles? Translating many of the articles from the EU Library databases into a language other than English is as easy as clicking a button!
Databases with Translation and Listening Services
EBSCOhost– All Databases
- To change the interface language, use the Language button (top right). * Note: All searches will have to been in English no matter the interface language.
- Some articles give the option of having the article read aloud to you- these features are article specific not database specific. When an article has this option, a Listen button will appear on either the side navigation or at the beginning of the full-text section. Click on this or the “translate” button at the beginning of the full-text section.
- Both Translation and Listening features can be found after clicking on the article in the tools sidebar menu on the right side of the page. * Some databases within InfoTrac do not feature this: Business & Company Resource Center, Business Index ASAP, General BusinessFile ASAP, Health & Wellness Resource Center, Newsletters ASAP
- Translation options are available when viewing an article (not the pdf). Click the Translate link next to the title.
- When viewing a document select the Translate Document drop-down.
- Note: Speech is only available in English.
- You can listen to specific text or have the entire page read aloud. You can select different voices and adjust the speed and pitch.
- To have text read aloud:
- Click on My Settings in the upper right hand corner. At the bottom of that screen, click on the checkbox for “Display pages in accessibility mode.”
- Select the book you wish to have read to you.
- Click on the blue ebrary Reader button (if this feature has not yet been installed, follow the prompts to install it).
- In the new ebrary Reader view, click the Speech tab in the right hand Panel.
- Select the text you want to hear. If you do not select text, the entire page is read aloud.
- Click the Read button.
- To end the reading, click the Stop Reading button.
- To pause and then resume the reading, click the Pause button. Click the Resume button when you want to continue.
- To go back to the previous sentence, click the Reverse button. You may click the Rewind button several times quickly to back up several sentences.
- To go to the next sentence, click the Forward button.